Since 1904, Bernard et fils has distinguished itself as an environmentally conscious caterer. From its food choices, preparation, and service, to its biodegradable conatainers and packaging, to its energy efficient equipment, the company has long chosen the green road. Offering organic or certified green foods and local products, Bernard et fils follows a policy of reducing, reusing, and recycling, and is the recipient of Estim’s 2011 Best Service Business award.
The restaurant implements some notable sustainable practices.
· Majority of products are local
· Compostable utensils and lunchboxes
· Uses gel to keep water warm and save water
· Reintegration of people in difficulty
· Works directly with small producers in Québec