Led by Chef Mathias Théau, the Restaurant de l’Institut has been established on Saint-Denis Street since 2005. Located opposite the beautiful Square Saint-Louis, the 65-seat restaurant covers a large and elegantly decorated space. During the week, the kitchen and dining room welcome students from the Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ) at the end of their program who come to put in practice what they have learned in the classroom under the watchful eyes of their teachers. Since 2013, the restaurant has been on Tourisme Montréal’s list of sustainable restaurants and adheres to the Aliments du Québec au Menu programme, which recognizes restaurants that showcase local Québec products.
The restaurant distinguishes itself in particular with its exemplary environmental, economic and social practices:
- Level 2 "Ici on recycle" certification and composting
- More than 75% of kitchen equipment is Energy Star, automatic faucets in the bathroom
- Bienvenue Cyclistes! certification, bicycle parking, and showers for employees
- Organizes eco-friendly meetings, including greenhouse gas calculations
- Educational mission: training ground for the next generation of the tourism industry
- Accessibility to the restaurant and toilets validated by Kéroul
Breakfast: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and Saturday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Lunch: Monday to Friday, noon to 1:30 p.m., closed on Saturday and Sunday. Evening: Tuesday to Saturday, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., closed on Sunday and Monday.