Inaugurated in 2005, the Restaurant de l'Institut on Saint-Denis Street can accommodate 60 seated guests in a large and airy space overlooking the beautiful Square Saint-Louis. During the week, the kitchen and dining room welcome finishing students from the Institut de tourisme et d’hôtellerie du Québec (ITHQ), who come to practice their classroom education under the watchful eyes of their teachers. Through its fresh, Québec cuisine prepared under the helm of Chef Mathias Théau, the restaurant lives up to the high quality of culinary training offered by the ITHQ.
The restaurant distinguishes itself in particular with its exemplary environmental, economic and social practices.
- Level 2 "Ici on recycle" certification and composting
- More than 75% of kitchen equipment is Energy Star, automatic faucets in the bathroom
- Bienvenue Cyclistes! certification, bicycle parking, and showers for employees
- Organizes eco-friendly meetings, including greenhouse gas calculations
- Educational mission: training ground for the next generation of the tourism industry
- Accessibility to the restaurant and toilets validated by Kéroul
Breakfast: Monday to Friday, 7 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and Saturday to Sunday, 7:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Lunch: Monday to Friday, noon to 1:30 p.m., closed on Saturday and Sunday. Evening: Tuesday to Saturday, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m., closed on Sunday and Monday.