You’ve earned a little quality down-time with friends, so treat yourself to a meal fit for a queen, or dance til dawn (in those brand-new heels)… in Montréal, the possibilities are as limitless as your imagination. There’s only one catch: plan to stay at least two days to take it all in.
Jump-start the morning with a gourmet breakfast
- at Renoir, for the wide range of savoury dishes served in chic, refined surroundings.
- at Café Vasco da Gama, where the mouth-watering dishes and Portuguese charm will have you under their spell.
- Whether browsing small boutiques or bringing home bags of great finds from major shopping centres, you’ll be spoiled for choice.
- Explore Sainte-Catherine Street, Canada’s largest commercial artery. A multitude of stores and shopping centres line the street, and link to the Underground Pedestrian Network.
- Drop in to Holt Renfrew, Ogilvy, Simons. From ultra-chic to elegantly exclusive, the selection is to die for.
- Discover top Québec designers on downtown’s de la Montagne and Crescent Streets, a veritable crossroads of fashion creations. Montréal’s hottest designers have set up shop here. Modern, feminine, sensual, colourful and chic collections.
- Don’t leave before stopping at the Harricana boutique. Designer Mariouche Gagné’s collection features clothes and objects made exclusively from recycled furs.
Girls just wanna have lunch
- at Newtown: exquisite dishes evoke the warmth and sensuality of the Mediterranean.
- at Trinity Estiatorio: sublime Greek-inspired menu and lavish decor.
For a relaxing afternoon
- The Studio Beauté du Monde Spa: true to the ancient traditions of the east, the spa offers an array of purifying and aesthetic treatments. Not-to-be-missed: the detoxifying benefits of a traditional hammam (steam bath). Ahhh… sheer bliss!
- Happy Hour at Altitude 737: Perched high atop Place Ville Marie, three floors offer three different ways to spend an unforgettable afternoon with the city at your feet. Now boarding!
The evening repast
- at Buona Notte. This darling of Montréal’s gourmet and nightlife scene is also a great spot for celebrity sightings.
- at Chez l'Épicier, where Québec gourmet fare is reinvented, soaring to new heights of freshness, originality and refinement.
- at the Pullman Wine Bar, with its retro-modern design, outstanding wine list and tempting tapas.
- at the Electric Avenue Club, where you can turn back time to the electro-beats of the 80s.
- at Le Germain, a luxury boutique hotel right downtown, it offers a blend of cozy and chic refinement.
- at the W, for its luxurious decor and sophisticated design: an oasis of serenity in the city centre.
- at the Saint-Sulpice or the St-James, where glamour rules. Pack your shades; you just might spot a few international stars!
Hôtel Le Germain
Le Saint-Sulpice Hôtel – Montréal
Hôtel Le St-James
Café Vasco da Gama
Shopping on Crescent Street
Harricana par Mariouche
Studio Beauté du Monde