Montréal, September 6, 2011 – Tourisme Montréal is pleased to announce the appointment of Ms. Marion Ancel to the position of Eco-Consultant. This new position was created this year to define and implement the necessary actions to achieve the green plan objectives established by the Montréal tourism industry in 2010. Ms. Ancel will undertake the following tasks:
- Prepare action plans and develop education and awareness-raising tools
- Integrate and implement sound environmental practices into the activities of Montréal tourism businesses and organizations
- Share sound environmental practices with Tourisme Montréal members through training workshops
- Set up a consultation service for small and medium businesses
- Communicate relevant information to members concerning programs, tools, and certification
- Monitor environmental performance indicators
- Create an informative platform to offer tourists a list of companies that favour sound environmental practices
- Work with organizations possessing a green action plan to implement a collaborative project of environmental compensation for the city’s tourism industry
Ms. Ancel obtained a Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A) degree from HEC, Montréal, with a specialization in Tourism Management and Administration. She also holds a Master’s degree in Sustainable Development Administration and Management granted jointly by the Université de Sherbrooke and the Université de Tours (France). She offers expertise in the fields of tourism and sustainable development through her professional experience as a sustainable development consultant for the firm Transfert Environnement, as well as a commissioned mandate for the Institut de tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec.
Ms. Ancel can be reached by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at 514 844‑1939, or on Twitter at @MarionAncel.
Tourisme Montréal wishes to thank the Ministère des Affaires municipales, des Régions et de l’Occupation du territoire, as well as the Ministère du Tourisme du Québec for their invaluable involvement in our region’s green initiatives.
- 30 -