The Bad Boys Club of Montreal (BBCM) is at it again! They’re rocketing into another decade of high-profile, large-scale dance events while continuing their ultimate goal and vision of raising money to find a cure for HIV/AIDS. This year’s theme is high-rollers BlackJack21 for the 21st Anniversary of Black & Blue! To be clear is is not a casino night, but will be filled with glitz, glamour, and some high-stakes games…
1. From October 5-11, 2011. This includes the Thanksgiving long weekend!
2. Black & Blue is the largest non-stop gay benefit festival of its kind on the entire planet!
3. As part of the Black & Blue Festival, favourite activities will be happening like the Leather Ball, Military Ball, and the Recovery Party.
4. The main Black & Blue event is back at the Olympic Stadium!
5. You’re supposed to be “decked” (little blackjack joke there) out in black and blue. Duh!
7. I will most definitely be going dressed as a poker chip.
8. Black & Blue isn’t just a big dance, it’s a full entertainment event! Dancers! Performers! Lights!
9. The BBCM started in 1991, when they wanted to have a party to raise money for a great cause. 800 people showed up. In 2002, 80,000 partiers made the pilgrimage to Olympic Stadium.
10. Regular tickets are $100+ service charges. They are available online here.
11. VIP passes range from $250-$400.
12. Sponsored by The Government of Quebec and Tourisme Montreal! Plus many others.
13. Prevention is an important part of all BBCM events. Make sure to educate yourself on drinking, drug use and safe sex. When in doubt, ask Kat Coric (Prevention Guru). Don’t take a gamble on your life!
14. The BBCM’s other events include Bal des Boys, Red, Hot & Dry, and Twist.
15. Expect to see lots of Aces, Kings, Queens, and maybe a few Jokers. And a dancing poker chip. That will be me.
16. There will be two rooms. The Trance Room and the House Room!
17. Trance Room DJs include Marcus Schossow, W&W, John O’Callaghan, Mark Sherry, Artento Divini, Ummet Ozcan, Andy Moor, Super8 & Tab, Leon Bolier, Hollow Earth, Offset and Max Graham
18. House Room DJs include Hernan Cattaneo (3 hour set), D-Formation, Mark Anthony, Rosabel and The Cube Guys
19. More DJs, Performers and Entertainers to be announced soon!
20. Expect lots of muscular men and leather. Oh yeah baby.
Black & Blue 2011, October 5-11, 2011