Koko is one of Montreal’s hottest drinking, eating and socializing spaces. Last week, the restaurant-bar (which is part of Opus Hotel) threw a fantastic party to celebrate the opening of their popular patio.
As jet-setters, photographers and fashionistas flocked in, I was instantly reminded that Grand Prix Weekend was just around the corner.
Here are some hotel recommendations to help you plan a memorable Grand Prix Weekend in Montreal!
1) OPUS: As mentioned previously, Opus is home to the trendy Koko Restaurant-Bar. The boutique hotel successfully blends modern design and chic Montreal style. But most of all, it is literally steps away from the most exciting Grand Prix nightlife: St-Laurent Boulevard. On June 11-12-13, St-Laurent will be closed to traffic and transformed into one of the biggest outdoor parties you have ever seen in your life.
2) LE GERMAIN MONTREAL: Hotel Le Germain is a chic and intimate boutique-hotel located in downtown Montreal. The rooms and suites have the feel of stylish lofts, making this hotel a popular destination for hip leisure and business travelers. They also offer special rates for Grand Prix Weekend, but hurry up as spots fill up quickly.
3) HOTEL DE LA MONTAGNE: This hotel is very popular amongst Americans, as it is situated right next to Crescent Street. Known for its pubs and patios, Crescent Street gives you the opportunity to see real racing cars up close and visit a variety of booths that will make you discover the world of F1. In addition, Hotel de La Montagne has a rooftop pool that involves a significant amount of pretty girls, sangria pitchers and a breathtaking view of the city.
4) HOTEL NELLIGAN: The Nelligan is a piece of Europe at your doorstep: classy, elegant and charming. Nestled in a stunning Old Montreal building, the hotel is near the Gilles Villeneuve racing circuit and home to Verses Sky, a sublime rooftop deck that seats 100 and comes with sunsets, a bunch of beautiful people and inspiring views of the St-Laurent River and Old Montreal.
5) MARRIOTT CHATEAU CHAMPLAIN: The Marriot is another hotel at the heart of downtown Montreal offering special deals for Grand Prix Weekend. You will recognize it by the distinctive look of its moon-shaped windows. It connects with Montreal’s underground city and subway system, which will take you straight to the race site on Ile-Notre-Dame.