Looking for a (gay) date on your next trip to Monteal? I’ve got your back. Montreal’s gay community offers a spectrum of diversity, from twinks to bears to leather daddies, etc.
In Montreal, and across the world, inquiring queers have been known to frequently pose this question: “What’s your type?” Usually the question comes from a helpful homo “wingman” who is there to support you in your hunt for fresh romance among hot singles. I am your Montreal wingman.
If you know what you like, I’ll show you where to find it. After all, dating is all the more fun when it’s easy…
- Twinks – If you like your boys fresh-faced and college-aged, steer your queer compass towards Unity. You’ll find two different dance floors, some of the hottest international DJs and young boys looking for “experience.”
- Bears – There are two places to find your big, hairy Montreal love muffin. First is the“hit and miss” bar called Woof – sometimes it’s hot and happening, sometimes it’s quiet. If you don’t find the handsome grizzly of choice there, head a block east to Le Stud.
- Gym Queens – For uber-fit singles, I recommend checking out Parking Nightclub. On Saturday night you are bound to stumble across hot, tight-bodied 30-somethings with their shirts off, dancing to sweaty techno beats.
- Artsy Queers – Two out-of-village events provide lush opportunity to find hotties with asymmetrical haircuts and/or American Apparel bow ties. Faggity Ass Fridays is a monthly hipster dance party, while Mec Plus Ultra gathers the sophisticated queers of the Plateau for beer and electropop.
- Leather Daddies – L’Agile Noir (Black Eagle) is your bar for cowhide fetishes. Find a strapping man to show you his strap.
- Traditional Lesbians – Le Drugstore is a 7-story oasis of female opportunity. The rooftop provides some of the best summer views, while things stay hot in the winter on the 3rd level dance floor. Find a curvaceous momma to take you to the next level.
- Hipster Dykes – Mile End’s hottest queer grrrrls are found at the monthly Meow Mix. Part cabaret, part sticky dance party, the Meow Mix is your best bet for a gal who rides a fixed speed bicycle while making anti-oppression activism sexy.
- Trannies – This list would not be complete without helping chasers of those who transition, transform and transcend. There is no website, but you can find City Bar at 1603 Ontario East. Go get’em tiger.
Did I miss a “type”? Leave me a comment and I’ll add your queer subcategory of choice!