Gay life in Montreal is hot year-round. While another summer of fabulous festivals is slowly drawing to a close, there’s a cornucopia of fall events – from festivals to sports to parties and clubbing action – in Montreal to keep you sizzling as the mercury drops over the coming months.
In honour of the upcoming seasonal change, I thought I’d give you a sneak peek of what autumn has in store, and take a quick look back at the best of the summer.
A few reasons why this fall is going to be just as stellar as summer:
- National Lesbian & Gay Journalists Convention, September 10-12
- International Burlesque Festival, September 17–20
- Black and Blue Festival, October 7-13
- Big Jump (International Volleyball LGBT Tournament), October 9-11
- Image&National LGBT Film Festival, October 22–31
- Meow Mix (Lesbian Dance Parties), September 13, October 31, December 12
Here’s a recap of my summer highlights:
- Fave show: Joey Arias at Divers/Cité
- Most Powerful Moment: The minute of silence at the Montreal Gay Pride Parade (see video below)
- Sweetest discovery: Fullum Pool
- Most Memorable Evening: My Drag Queen Makeover @ Cabaret Mado
- Cheap Resto: Mozza in the Gay Village
And finally, in case you couldn’t make it, here’s a little recap of the Pride Parade: