In November I met up with fellow food blogger, Erin Zimmer, from Serious Eats, who came to Montreal for the weekend to explore the food scene. I took her on my personal foodie tour of Montreal
Since Erin is serious foodie at heart, I created a special tour of Montreal just for her. It’s a 48-hour gourmet tour of the city, which is ideal for any visitors staying for the weekend. If you have a hearty appetite and a strong stomach — Erin tried everything I suggested — then see if you can eat your way through our epicurean itinerary!
Since many of the places I mentioned in the video are definite ‘must-sees’ I have already posted articles about them. Click on the links below for more information.
• Friday evening: Les Cavistes
• Saturday morning: Olive & Gourmando
• Saturday afternoon: Schwartz’s
• Saturday afternoon: St. Viateur Bagels
• Saturday afternoon: Jean Talon Market
• Saturday night: Toqué!
• Sunday brunch: La Cantine
• Sunday afternoon: stroll along Mt. Royal in the Plateau. A slide show from gay life blogger, Daniel Baylis
• Sunday afternoon: Point G
• Sunday evening (it could also be very late on Saturday night or the wee hours of Sunday morning): 24-hour poutine at La Banquise
Click on this link for a Google Map showing the location of all these places.
How about you? What is your favourite ‘must-see’ when you have friends staying for the weekend in Montreal? If you’ve visited Montreal before, what do you recommend?
Erin Zimmer and me on Mont-Royal Street