That’s right. We’re giving away a weekend getaway to Montréal – and the contest is open right now! And just when you thought it couldn’t get sweeter, there’s more.
I am personally going to guide the lucky visitor around Montréal!
Find out how to win…
When people think of Montréal, many dreamy ideas and images come to mind:
Romantic fall colours, cafe au lait, legendary athletic history (’76 Olympics and Habs), Bixi Bikes, hot gay life, Montréal bagels, charming cobblestone streets, joie de vivre, poutine, snow, French kisses, spiral staircases, indie music… the list could go on!
Here’s the deal. I wanted to share the Montréal that I know and love, so I decided to personally help you spend the weekend like a local in my favourite city.
I am going to invite the winner to come SPEND A DAY WITH DANIEL on a weekend getaway in Montréal.
How to get in on the action (in three easy steps):
1. Get a camera.
2. Take a creative photo of yourself.
3. Send it to me by November 9, 2009.
But there’s a twist. We want to see some Montréal love, so you need to incorporate some element(s) of Montréal style into your photo (see above list or my other blog posts for inspiration).
A team of highly skilled judges from Tourisme Montréal will evaluate the photos based on creativity and best use of Montréal imagery.
Insider Tip: Word on the street says that the judges love gay flair!
How to get your photo to me:
Choose one method!
1. Post your image on Facebook as your “Profile Picture” or on my wall, and then make friends with me (if we aren’t already friends). Send me a message to let me know it’s up.
2. If you haven’t joined me yet, Follow me on Twitter and send me a twit pic.
3. Upload your photo to your Flickr account, add Montréal Gay Life as a contact, and send me a message via FlickrMail indicating that you’ve added a photo.
Make sure your photo has been received!
I will be putting a copy of each submitted photo in two identical public albums: one on Facebook and one on Flickr. Click on the link to ensure that your photo is there. Your photo should be posted within 3 days of sending.
• Round trip tickets for two people (that’s right, you can bring a friend!)
• Two nights in a hotel
• A day with Tourisme Montréal Gay Life Insider – Daniel Baylis
• Cost of certain specified activities (We’ll decide our itinerary together! Such as coffee in Mile End or getting pampered at a spa!)
The fine print*:
• Contest is open to residents of Canada and the United States only
• Residents of the province of Quebec are not eligible
• The selected winner will have until December 22, 2009 to redeem the prize.
• One photo entry per person (I’m keeping track of you!)
• Contestants do not need to have visited Montréal in the past
• The contest is open to all sexual orientations
• The contest closes on November 9, 2009
*For full contest rules, click here.
Good Luck! I’m looking forward to seeing all your creativity and love for Montréal!
Here’s a little taste of what we could do in Montréal!