Yum, yum! Do Kamouraska lamb knuckles or Quebec veal cheeks make your mouth water? These are just two of the unique dishes offered in Montreal restaurants participating in the Localicious benefit event for the World Wildlife Fund (WWF).
From October 2 to 18, you can sink your teeth into local Quebec products and help support the WWF while you’re at it.
This is how you do it…
1) Check out the WWF website to see the list of participating restaurants. Then click on “View Menu” to see what dish is being featured in each of the restaurants. (The Gaspésie scallops at the new Andiamo restaurant are calling my name…)
2) Invite some friends to join you.
3) Head to the restaurant with a clear conscience knowing that your dinner consists of local and sustainable food.
4) You can also enter the contest on the website to win a dinner party for six at your house with your own private chef. (If you win, feel free to invite me – especially if Jérôme Ferrer is cooking!)
5) Even if you can’t make it out for a Localicious dinner in Montreal, check out free seasonal recipes from different celebrities and Localicious chefs!